You have already seen some takeaways I had from the Nasscom Emergeout session at Delhi. Here are some more.
- With good innovation, brand and size limitations can be tackled.
- Intel has an app centre for Netbooks (www.appup.com).
- We are at crossroads – need to combine mobile usage with computing.
- Location based services are very important.
Here are some more notes from different sessions focussing on entrepreneurial spirit:
- Entrepreneurs need to have ability to do things in parallel (don’t spread yourself too thin though).
- 80/20 does work – don’t look for perfection – improve things gradually.
- Focus on the broad plan – all detailed business plans get haywire on the first contact with consumers.
- It is very important to have a good understanding of the consumer/customer psyche and needs/problems.
- A local contact in the geography you are serving, can be very important in understand the customers and improve the speed at which you succeed.
- Try to validate your key assumptions with customers. Fail fast, if you must.
Hope you will be able to employ some of these and improve your results with the implementation.