Yesterday, I met Pradeep Chopra of the PS Group at the TiE Kolkata Story Session. He is an established real estate guy with a fantastic vision and entrepreneurial temperament. The talk was thoroughly enjoyed by all the attendees. Here are some interesting tid-bits from his talk:
1. What kind of entrepreneur is one who cannot take risk?
2. Opportunities are everywhere. You have to be able to see an opportunity in everything.
3. Selling is the biggest skill an entrepreneur should have. Rest follows.
4. If you can sell something even if you don’t have it ready, go ahead. You will get thousands of people who will be happy to provide or build it for you. Selling is the most difficult part and you have cracked that.
5. An office can earn the money for a new house – a new house cannot earn money for a new office. Buy that office first, if you can only afford one.
6. Invest liberally in technology if you do not want to work with a major handicap.
7. You have to get up and go out to spot those fantastic opportunities. Attractive deals don’t walk in to your office
8. There is no replacement for quality. If your quality is not great, you are bound to lose out – sooner or later.
9. Don’t advertise directly. Invest in advertorials or PR. An endorsement by a real user or a known face beats an
endorsement by a celebrity, hands down.
10. A good partner is a valuable asset. If you hold the same views, one is reduntant. You must agree to disagree. If you hold opposite views, you get the holistic picture.
So what do you say? Agree or disagree? Your comments are vital – please let me know what you feel about his ideology.
57 thoughts on “Pradeep Chopra: Wisdom from a Real Estate Guy”
I’ve known Mr. Pradip Chopra for quiet some time now on both personal and professional level, He is a man of priciples. His ideas and thoughts have always been very inspirational and motivating. He has always seen things far beyond time and this is what gives him an expert edge. In this blog, I’ve especially liked points no. 1,2,6 and 8… These thoughts from him suggests his true entreprenual vision.
I would like to wish Pradip Sir as well as PS Group, all the success.
Ispiring as always. I have known him for over 20 years and he has lived what he preaches.
good have more of him in the net.
Today I read this article, we are also a real estate firms from Kolkata. I really inspired with those views. Thanks to Arunji. I agree with those points and really inspired my self by this.
Thanks to all
In one word you are simply great,the tips are really helpful and practical.
Thanks and regards,
He is really a great motivator and visionary I liked his point that a residence cant buy a office but an office can buy a residence very true I can relate to it because I have made this mistake and have suffered will definetly change,and also I liked the point that utho, jago office se bhago because opurtunity will not come in bouquet we have to grab it.
I just Came up with this artcle, I must say it is a nice article by Mr Arun Ji… The point are very relevant for now a days we cannot sit and think that business will come or happen automatically. we have to look for opportunity.
Thanks for this article
Tips are simple and very impressive. Person in service for others are always afraid of the risks involved in business.
Comments are closed.