You might remember that June 5 is the World Environment Day. I suggest that you should take a pledge to add your might to the growing concern about the environment and take small steps to improve the environment. Here are some very simple tips:
- Switch off a light and see if you can still work comfortably. Most of the times we have too many lights on in our offices and home.
- Take out from the plug, all battery chargers, mobile charges and like when they are not in use.
- Switch off your car while you wait (at least if it will take a minute or longer) at the red lights.
- Before throwing a paper, see if you can use the back of the paper to plan, make casual notes or write things to do. You will help save many trees over your lifetime.
- Most of the times, the air conditioners can be set to a notch warmer setting after it has cooled the room.
- The computers and other electronic devices can be turned off in the night or when you will not be using them for a long duration.
There can be thousands of cool ideas that will help us avoid global warming and keep the earth green. You are welcome to add your tips below.